Perfectly crisp baked sweet potato fries! After many failed attempts, we found a technique that works wonders! Do us both a favor and don’t substitute foil for parchment paper. We made that mistake once already and ended poorly — our fries looked more like mashed sweet potatoes than fries! These are simple to make and so delicious! Try different spice combinations for different flavors, or just salt for something basic!
Sweet Potato Fries
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 8 minutes hands on, 30 for soaking • Cook Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 79.5 • Fat: .3g • Carb: 16.3g • Protein: 3.2g • Fiber: 2.2g • Sugar: .1g
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick fries.
- Place them in cold water for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from water and pat dry. Meanwhile, beat egg whites in a bowl until they are foamy.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat. Add spices and toss to coat.
- Spread them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip. Continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Keep them warm in the oven set at 150 degrees. Serve with ketchup, if desired.