This side dish features the best that the season has to offer. They’re hearty and delicious and I love how colorful they are!
Roasted Root Vegetables
Serves: 8 • Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 1 hour
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 101.5 • Fat: 1.5g • Carb: 20.4g • Protein: 3.3g • Fiber: 3.6g • Sugar: 3.6g
- 1 lb. mixed baby potatoes, about 4 cups
- 1 lb. carrots
- 10 oz. red pearl onions
- 8 oz. Baby Bella or crimini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 head garlic, each clove peeled
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel your carrots and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pearl onions and cook for 1 minute. Drain and let cool.
- When onions are cool enough to handle, snip root ends off and peel the first tough, papery layer off.
- In a large glass baking dish, combine all vegetables, and toss with oil, herbs and season generously with salt and pepper. Add stock to the baking dish.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Tossing every 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, increase temperature to 400 degrees. Cook for another 30 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes to cook evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.