Anything pumpkin flavored is on the top of my list in the fall. These waffles make for a perfect weekend brunch. Your kids won’t even know that the waffles are good for them!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Serves: 4 (2 waffles each) • Prep Time: 20 minuntes • Cook Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition per Serving: Cal: 215 • Fat: 3.5g • Carb: 41.2g • Protein: 10.6g • Fiber: 6g • Sugar: 8.1g
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 tsp Truvia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 250 (to keep waffles warm after cooking). Preheat your Belgian waffle maker.
- Combine all dry ingredients through salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla, pumpkin puree, milk and two egg yolks. Whisk until they are of uniform consistency.
- Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined. You don’t want to over mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks until they reach stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the waffle mix until well combined.
- Spray your waffle maker with Pam and pour in half of the waffle batter (depending on waffle iron size) close and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until they reach desired doneness.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of confectioner’s sugar and turkey bacon.