Portabella wraps make for a nice light lunch or light dinner. They’re super simple too! The sweet caramelized onions and crumbly & salty feta are perfect when wrapped up with meaty portabellas. I like serving them with salsa and one of my new favorites, pretzel chips! If you’re serving more than two, just double or quadruple the recipe to your needs.
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: 5 minutes • Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 229.6 • Fat: 8.6g • Carb: 34.9g • Protein: 8.3g • Fiber: 7.2g • Sugar: 3.4g
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, sliced thick
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 2 low fat whole wheat tortillas, not burrito size!
- In a medium skillet, heat butter and 1/2 tsp olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add onions and a pinch of salt, stir to coat.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally to avoid burning, for 20 minutes.
- After 12 minutes of cooking the onions, heat 1/2 tsp olive oil in another skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, oregano, garlic powder and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cook for 5-8 minutes, until cooked through and tender.
- To assemble, heat tortillas in microwave for 20-30 seconds, or until they jsut start to puff. Spoon feta, onions, mushrooms and spinach into each one. Wrap tightly and cut in half.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.