Start your morning with this filling veggie-packed omelet or serve it as a light lunch.
Herbed Veggie Omelets
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 20 minutes • Cook Time: 30 minutes (less if you have more than one omelet pan)
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 168.6 • Fat: 7.6g • Carb: 7.9g • Protein: 18.9g • Fiber: 2.8g • Sugar: 1g
- 4 eggs, plus 8 egg whites (1 whole egg and 2 egg whites per omelet)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1/3 cup scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup tomato, chopped (about two small tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- S&P to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat white cheddar, grated
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Saute bell pepper, mushrooms, scallions and garlic for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add spinach, tomatoes and fresh herbs. Stir occasionally until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a smaller skillet over low heat. Crack 1 egg and 2 egg whites into 4 separate bowls for individual omelets and beat until smooth. Season each with salt and pepper.
- Spray the skillet with Pam and pour one bowl of eggs into the hot pan. Cover with a top and let cook for 5-7 minutes, until just a little runny on top. Add 1 Tbsp of cheese and cover to melt cheese.
- When cheese is melted and egg is cooked through, add a quarter of the veggie mixture and fold the omelet.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all omelets are cooked.