I was at a loss for what to cook last week when my roommate mentioned her and her bf were cooking turkey burgers. It’s been a while since I’d had a good burger and suddenly it sounded absolutely delicious.
The burger idea caused and old idea to bubble back up in my brain — Greek burgers. I’m crazy about Greek food, especially tzatziki and feta cheese. It’s hard to go wrong with those two. It doesn’t hurt that my guy shares my love for Greek food as well, so he was pleased with the decision.
To complete our meal, I made a batch of baked french fries. He’s really more of a sweet potato fry fan, but we had those pretty recently so I decided to switch it up.
The burgers were so good that I ended up eating them for 3 days after the first meal. I eventually ran out of burgers and substituted a 4oz. piece of grilled chicken. Equally as delicious!
These burgers might be on the top of my list, followed by my other favorite — blue cheese, onion & mushroom sliders! What’s your favorite burger combination?
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 12 minutes
Nutrition per Serving (includes tzatziki sauce) Cal: 397.3 • Fat: 12.2g • Carb: 38.4g • Protein: 34.5g • Fiber: 1.9g • Sugar: 6.7g
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey, if you’re a vegetarian, try a portabella mushroom or veggie burger in place of turkey
- 1 recipe tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- S & P
- In a bowl, combine turkey and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. (I actually seasoned them lightly and mixed and then after forming patties seasoned them on top and bottom with Burger House’s seasoned salt)
- Form 4 equal patties and slightly indent the burgers in the center.
- Heat the grill over medium heat. When hot, place burgers on grill and cook for 5-6 minutes, until they start to look cooked around the edges.
- Flip them and top each with 1 Tbsp of feta. Close the top of the grill to help them melt. Cook for another 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast the buns, if desired.
- Top each burger with sliced cucumber, onion, tomato and put a dollop of tzatziki on each. Serve hot.