We have brunch on Christmas morning at my house and last year this was the favorite. If you have trouble getting your family up on Christmas morning, the smell of baking cinnamon is sure to have them jumping out of bed.
This also makes for a delicious treat for brunch any time of the year or for dessert! Who can resist cinnamon?
Serves: 12 • Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 251.3 • Fat: 8g • Carb: 41.1g • Protein: 5.9g • Fiber: .8g • Sugar: 23.9g
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 oz. non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with a rack in the middle.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients from flour through cinnamon.
- With the mixer on low speed add a third of the dry ingredients.
- Alternate with the wet ingredients and add half of the Greek yogurt.
- Add another third of the dry ingredients, then the remaining yogurt.
- Lastly, add the last of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray a 9 by 13 glass Pyrex dish with Pam Original.
- Pour the cake batter into the dish and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients and mash with a fork until they’re all evenly combined.
- Sprinkle topping evenly on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out of the center cleanly.
- After cooking, let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve warm with coffee or hot chocolate.