This is my go to breakfast! It’s quick and filling and gets my day started right. Sometimes I don’t have all the ingredients and omit arugula & tomato. If I have avocado on hand, I’ll add a thin slice for a bit of creaminess!
Serves: 1 • Prep Time: 5 minutes • Cook Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 278 • Fat: 3.5g • Carb: 28.1g • Protein: 28.6g • Fiber: 4.7g • Sugar: .1g
Breakfast Sandwich for One
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- Thin slice of reduced fat sharp cheddar
- 1 slice tomato
- Small handful of arugula
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, spray lightly with Pam. Pour eggs in on one side and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay the Canadian bacon on the other side to heat it.
- Meanwhile, toast your English muffin.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip your egg and Canadian bacon. Cook for another minute or two until done.
- Assemble sandwich with arugula on the bottom, then egg, Canadian bacon, tomato and cheese.
- Eat while it’s hot!