I love this simple salad because it has beautiful holiday colors and so many flavors & textures. The amounts don’t have to be exact in this dish for it to be delicious — super easy!
Serves: 8 • Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 0 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 65.6 • Fat: 4.2g • Carb: 7.4g • Protein: 1.5g • Fiber: 2.7g • Sugar: 3.4g
- 12 cups of arugula, about 1 big handful per person
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3-1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Remove seeds from pomegranate by smacking the back side with a wooden spoon. Peel any membranes away and continue to hit it until all seeds fall out.
- Slice your fennel & apple thinly.
- Cube avocado.
- In a bowl, combine arugula, fennel, apple, pomegranate seeds and avocado.
- Juice a lemon and pour just enough juice to coat the leaves. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Serve on chilled plates.