Lighten up the grill this summer with low-fat turkey burgers topped with fresh summery ingredients! We love using baby arugula instead of lettuce for a peppery bite. Serve them with baked sweet potato fries and a big wedge of fresh watermelon for the perfect 4th of July treat!
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 364.3 • Fat: 8.9g • Carb: 33.5g • Protein: 40.3g • Fiber: 7.3g • Sugar: 1.2g
- 4 whole wheat English muffins
- 1 lb lean ground turkey, Jennie O Extra Lean preferred
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 thin slices of reduced-fat cheddar
- 2 handfuls fresh baby arugula
- 4 slices onion, red or white
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Mix it up with a fork or clean hands.
- Form 4 patties, slightly more indented in the middles than on the outsides.
- Heat a skillet, grill or grill pan over medium to medium-high heat and cook for approximately 6 minutes per side. (Each grill or stove will differ, so just make sure they are cooked through before serving.)
- Add cheese and cover, let melt. Meanwhile toast English muffins.
- Let guests add toppings or add them yourself and serve hot!