Being a Texas girl at heart, I love a good taco. They’re one of those foods I don’t think I’ll ever sick of. Especially when there’s a million ways to recreate them!
My favorite thing about these tacos is the balance of the spicy pork rub with the sweet pineapple. It’s unique and absolutely delectable! The whole dish also comes together in under 15 minutes. I love using pork tenderloin in this dish because it’s lean and always available at the grocery. Unlike pork shoulder, it doesn’t have a lot of fat and connective tissue so it doesn’t require a long cook time to break it down. Hello, easy weeknight dinner!
You can also easily cook this on the grill. Sadly, I don’t have the space for a real grill so I have to settle for the indoor stove-top method. Not as fun as being in the backyard, but equally delicious.
I like to serve these pork and pineapple tacos with a side of black beans, and if you want to make it a party, a pitcher of sangria!
Pork & Pineapple Tacos
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 8 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 399.7 • Fat: 13g • Carb: 33.7g • Protein: 37.1g • Fiber: 7.7g • Sugar: 7.2g
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 8oz. pineapple, cubed
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- Combine chipotle chili powder through salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over cubed pork and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. When shimmering add pork and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pineapple chunks and cook another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas on a hot skillet or in the microwave.
- Garnish tacos with cabbage, cilantro and red onion and serve hot.