Are Brussel sprouts really from Brussels, Belgium? Either way, I’m crazy about Brussel sprouts! The ginger and sriracha in these makes them jump off the plate! Well, not literally, but the flavors sure do. They make a great side dish for any Asian main dish or for a light meal with brown rice. Enjoy!
Ginger & Sriracha Sprouts
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 5 minutes • Cook Time: 8 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 64.5 • Fat: 1.5g • Carb: 11.2g • Protein: 4.1g • Fiber: 4.3g • Sugar: 2.9g
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts, tough ends removed and cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- In a skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add sprouts, sriracha and soy and toss to coat.
- Pour in chicken stock and cover. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until brussel sprouts are lightly charred.
- Serve hot.