Brussel sprouts are so good for you and actually very delicious. Don’t let the old school house rumors get to you! The crunchy prosciutto takes this dish to a whole new level with contrasting flavors & textures. It’s the perfect side dish to any meat or with a grilled portabella mushroom.
Brussel Sprouts with Prosciutto
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 101.3 • Fat: 4g • Carb: 12.3g • Protein: 6.8g • Fiber: 4.5g • Sugar: 2.8g
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- S & P to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place wire racks on a rimmed baking sheet. Place prosciutto on top and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before crumbling.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. When hot, sauté onion for 2 minutes. Add brussel sprouts and garlic, sear for 1 minute.
- Pour in stock, cover and steam for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with crumbled prosciutto.
- Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.